Fins Swimming Classes
The National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS) has been developed by the ASA to provide a template for learn to swim schemes. The plan, as the name suggests is a national scheme with the main aim of providing a degree of consistency in the quality of swimming teaching throughtout the country, while at the same time being based on local implementation.
- Encourages swimmers to develop a wide range of skills
- Emphasises the importance of water confidence at an early stage
- Encourages development of high quality technique through repetition, revision and consolidation.
- Identifies the correct standard of skill performance
- Provides assessment against clearly defined outcomes
Places allocated from a waiting list, children must be six years of age to enrol in these classes, application forms available from reception.
View and take advantages of our latest offers.
Have a look and see where we are on the Town Centre Map.
Sign up to one of our many Clubs & Classes at the Leisure Centre.